The digital employee experience attracts talent, builds loyalty, retains them and turns them into ambassadors, even after they leave
According to Ouarda Guergour, a digital transformation specialist at Clarins, digital employee experience management (dEXM) builds employee loyalty from the moment they are hired until after they leave the company. However, she advises HR departments to measure the impact of the project before embarking on such a project.
What is the place of the employee experience in the HR value chain?
Employee loyalty is a key issue in the HR function. HR professionals are now using the employee experience as one of a set of engagement levers in their HR policy and employer brand strategy.
The first step is to transform the employer brand strategy: optimize the candidate experience to enhance the company's attractiveness.
In a competitive context of war for talentIn a competitive environment, human resources management seeks to keep employees engaged by providing a better internal experience.
In order to respond to turnover issues, we find ourselves at the crossroads of the customer experience, the candidate experience and HR marketing: all centered around the employee's journey within the organization (even after they leave).
Employee needs are changing: to remain an attractive employer, HR services offered to employees must foster their fulfillment. The personalization and digitalization of these services improve engagement, enable the development of talent, develop a sense of belonging and thus foster the emergence of brand ambassadors.
Example: The management of the Work From Anywhere by Payfit.
Here are some broad categories of HR processes and initiatives that promote employee engagement:
In this article, you can find concrete examples that of HR innovations promoting the employee experience.
- Draw up the employee's career path as early as the recruitment process and the job interview.
- Use state of the art HRIS tools and other HR solutions to enable the"From hire to retire" path through the entire employee life cycle...
- Access HR software anytime and anywhere to train, give feedback, access dashboards, interact with HR / managers / employees.
- Centralize all HR processes in a single HRIS tool: Onboarding, recruitment, individual interviews, career management, training, absence/pointing data entry, feedback, etc.
- Independently use HR services to move forward quickly.
- Improved employee productivity. Making work feel easier allows the employee to be more results-oriented, engaged and productive. According to an IBM study, 25% of the companies with the highest EXM scores have twice the normal sales rate.
- Better employee engagement: Accessible information strengthens employee engagement and optimizes the experience.
- Excellent retention: When employees are satisfied with their digital experience (e.g., dematerialization of contracts, continuous training, self-service), they are more likely to be loyal to the brand. As a result, their perception of the brand improves.
- The implementation of one or more HRIS connected to synchronize the information entered (Cost > 50K € depending on the size of the company).
- The mobilization of several teams to integrate this (these) HRIS software(s) into the internal tools ecosystem (with Active Directory, finance tool, CRM, payroll, etc.).
- Management of corrective and evolutionary maintenance (annual cost > 100K € depending on the type of maintenance).
- Enhanced data security and access to information. Employees do not live on applications and fresh water, the user experience is in my opinion the icing on the cake, making the difference with other employers offering the same working conditions. Each company context is different, so it is advisable to calibrate the cost on investment VS the ROI before launching into this project to decide.
Offishall is an employee presence management solution that aims to support organizations in the implementation of the hybrid work mode - alternating between telework and face-to-face. Every day, the company allows thousands of users to know who is where when and therefore to find their way around the office (better). The Offishall Planning tool contributes to boosting the attractiveness of the structures by helping them to take up the great HR challenge of the decade: that of work flexibility.